- Take a Brelfie and share it on your socials. Don’t forget to hashtag #worldbreastfeedingweek
- Buy a new maternity bra and/or easy-access breastfeeding top
- Donate some breastmilk to Human Milk 4 Human Babies, Eats on Feets, or Mothers Milk Bank – for women who cannot, or are struggling to breastfeed, but want to feed their babies the best nutrition there is (besides their own breastmilk!). Or if that’s not possible for you, donate to them to support their work!
- Attend The Big Latch On – a worldwide celebration of breastfeeding, held in every major city during WBW, this weekend!
- Go dairy free and stop contributing to the separation of mother and baby animals, and the stealing of one species of breastmilk to feed another’s (who should have weaned long before adulthood!)
- Organise a Breastfeeding Mini Photo Shoot. For this month of August, you can book me in for a 20 minute shoot for only $200 and you will get 10 digital photos to keep – in both colour and b/w. THAT’S 20 PHOTOS IN TOTALl!). If you are breastfeeding a toddler, you never know when they might self wean so its best to catch a few nice shots before they do. (Unless you get “lucky” and have babies on the boob until they’re 4yo like I did!)
- “Drink” in the following photos which I have taken over the last 13 years of doulaing/photographing of some ecstatic mamas and gorgeous babies, many in their first moments of life, latching on and getting their tummies full of warm, delicious breastmilk. (And make sure you scroll down to see the last 3 of me tandem feeding my babies, taken in 2011/12!)
**WARNING : YOU MAY SEE A GLIMPSE OF NIPPLE. IF BREASTFEEDING OFFENDS YOU, YOU ARE DEFINITELY ON THE WRONG PAGE. BEST TO GET A BAG TO COVER YOUR HEAD!