“Mom’s job is to dilate, but baby’ s job is to rotate. When baby’s job is easier, labor is easier for mother as well.” ~ Gail Tully (Spinning Babies®)
Do you have pelvic aches and pains during pregnancy, or have been told that your baby is in posterior, transverse or breech position? Are you determined to have a vaginal birth?
Virginia uses a holistic approach to pregnancy care by utilising different bodywork techniques such as Mizan therapy pregnancy massage, Birth Healing, Holistic Pelvic Care as well as Optimal Foetal Positioning techniques (ie Spinning Babies and Maternal Optimal Positioning), to help align the pelvis, reduce common pregnancy discomforts and to create space to help baby get into optimal position for birth, thereby reducing the chance of caesarean and the associated risks with this major abdominal surgery.
What To Expect In A Session with Virginia
Treating yourself to a Holistic Pregnancy Bodywork session with Virginia is relaxing and enjoyable for both you and your baby. Unlike regular pregnancy massage which concentrates mainly on the back, arms and legs, we will focus on the belly, sacrum and pelvis which encompasses your baby. Virginia will adjust the pelvic bones where needed to open up the space, gently stretch the body in different positions to release the abdominal muscles, ligaments and fascia, massage the belly and sacrum to promote circulation, and in subsequent appointments where needed, may use internal pelvic floor trigger point therapy intravaginally… all so you can be more than ready to birth your baby. Some of the benefits you may find during or after a bodywork session:
- It can help to resolve the symptoms of SPD/PGP
- Relieves common discomforts of pregnancy such as indigestion, heartburn, nausea, low back ache, sciatica, pressure and burning sensation in groin area, constipation, headaches, leg discomfort including varicose veins, frequent urination, incontinence and urinary tract infections
- Encourages the baby and uterus into optimal positioning to facilitate pregnancy, labour and birth (regular treatments can shorten the length of labour and birth, even for first time mums).
- Tones, strengthens and balances the uterus preparing for labour and birth
- Synchronizes mum and baby for birth
- Supports mum and baby relationship by stimulating an increased release of oxytocin, fosters bonding and prepares the uterus and placenta for labour and birth
- Increases circulation to mum and baby
- Reduces tension and anxiety
- Releases tight ligaments and muscles which can twist the uterus out of alignment causing pain, discomfort and misaligned babies, which in turn aims to…
- Open the pelvis and allow the baby to descend without obstruction.
- Addresses emotional issues on a cellular level and sets healing in motion. In Primal Health, Michael Odent says that the baby’s immune system is developed in the womb and the hormonal reactions of the mother during pregnancy play a role in the health of the baby for the rest of his or her life.
So if you have been suffering from physical discomfort during your pregnancy, you have been told that your baby is breech, transverse or posterior position, or you just want to increase your chances of vaginal birth, get in touch so I can help prepare your body and baby for birth. (In the case of breech babies, moxibustion can also be used to help baby turn head down).
[Note: Virginia does not do ECV (External Cephalic Version) for breech babies. This must only be done by an experienced obstetrician, but getting your body balanced by Virginia first can either negate the need, or increase the success of an ECV!]
I wanted to send a quick hello and a huge thank you for your service a few weeks back. You not only made me feel heard and addressed my needs, your presence was calming and welcoming. I am proud to say that this morning I attended another ultrasound (32 weeks, 6 days) and my little one is now in the perfect anterior position for birth. Your guidance with the Spinning Babies protocol was nothing short of spectacular.
I will not hesitate to book another appointment should I need additional support in the future. Thank you again.”
“I had a holistic pregnancy bodywork session with Virginia and I found her to be experienced, professional and caring. Highly recommend her services and expertise in the area of pregnancy and birth.”
“I used Virginia for my prenatal and post pregnancy this year. She was so amazing and I had the most amazing experience with her. I would highly recommend her service to everyone.”
“I had the most beautiful pregnancy session with Virginia to hep turn my posterior bub into a better position for birth using Mizan therapy and Spinning Babies techniques. I felt calm, relaxed and most importantly safe and in good hands.
I’m so glad I had this session. It was gentle and very effective and I am almost certain it’s the cause of my very smooth and short labour.
Thanks so much Virginia!”
~ Rhiannon Cruz www.thespiritualtoolbox.com/
“Highly grateful to Virginia for holding space for me before giving birth to my boy. I had spinning babies and Mezan Therapy (sorry spelling) and ended up have an ECV with Dr Bisists, who turned my baby in no joke, 3 minutes, without medication.
I give Virginia full credit for the work she helped me with beforehand for the ease of my boy turning. She also directed me to a Chiro for a particular treatment. All in all I was able to avoid C section and birth naturally. Thanks so much!! So so grateful ❤️”
“Virginia was a God send. I saw her to help move bub out of breech position at 37 weeks and prepare me for the birth, and she did a fantastic job. Her wealth of knowledge across several therapies coupled with her calmness and sincere desire to help was the perfect treatment. She is dedicated to helping women and honing her craft to ever grow her skill set. I was at ease with her during my treatments and so grateful for her generosity with her time and care. If you are looking for a doula or an expert in women’s health, you are remiss if you do not see Virginia. She comes highly recommended and I personally will be seeing her for any future health concerns.”
Virginia has done the following education in these pregnancy bodywork techniques:
- Spinning Babies workshop within the Midwifery Today Conference with Gail Tully – Byron Bay (Nov 2014)
- 1 day Spinning Babies workshop with Ginny Phang – Brisbane (10th May 2017)
- 2 x 1 day Spinning Babies workshop with Ginny Phang – Sydney (August 2017)
- 5 day Certificate of Mizan Therapy – Sydney (Nov 2017)
- 2 day Spinning Babies Meets Bodywork workshop with Gail Tully and Marcello Windolph – Sydney (March 2018)
- 4 day Spinning Babies Meets Birthwork Retreat with Gail Tully, Jenny Blyth, Fiona Hallinan and Marcello Windolph – Sunshine Coast (March 2018)
- 3 day Certificate of Pregnancy Massage (Pregnancy Massage Australia) – Sydney (November 2018)
- 3 day Mizan Therapy Pregnancy and Post Natal Certificate with Bushra Finch – Melbourne (November 2018)
- 3 day Urogenital Osteopathy Grade 1 Certificate with Natalie Lejeune – Hobart (December 2018)
- 4 day Holistic Pelvic Care Certificate with Tami Lynn Kent – Gold Coast (March 2019)
- 1 day Optimal Maternal Positioning workshop with Ginny Phang – Melbourne (May 2019)
- 4 day Holistic Treatment of the Pregnant and Postpartum Body Certificate with Lynn Schulte – Melbourne (June 2019)
- 1 day Optimal Maternal Positioning workshop with Ginny Phang – Sydney (November 2019)
- 4 day Rebozo and Closing The Bones workshop with traditional Mexican midwife Naoli Veniver – Currumbin, QLD (June 2023)
A 2.5 appointment which encompasses some of the above techniques costs $220 in the Natural Beginnings clinic.