Beer + Bubs is a one–night session at the pub where expectant dads learn how to support their partner through the birth of their baby. Childbirth is daunting for men too and this session prepares fathers for an active, caring role.
The program helps men gain the practical knowledge they need to be involved in the births of their children in a positive way and to get the fatherhood adventure started with a memorable and empowering experience. And most men would rather head to the pub anyway.
Beer + Bubs is perfect for first-time fathers who don’t know what they’re in for as well as those going back for a second or third round who weren’t well prepared the first time. It’s ideal for expectant dads who have done antenatal classes but have come out the other end with little practical understanding of their role at birth. It’s also perfect for a brush-up when it’s been a long time since the birth of the last child.
Recommended by childbirth educators, midwives, and obstetricians all over Australia, here’s some of what we cover:
- What should you never say to a woman in labour?
- How can you actively help with pain relief in childbirth?
- How do you go in to bat for your partner if things get ugly with your caregivers?
- What can you do to make childbirth faster and easier for your woman?
- What should you be doing during each stage of labour and birth?
- Why are the first hours after the birth so important to your baby’s health and ability to bond in the future?
All this, and much more, is covered in this fast-paced session where the atmosphere is informal and conversational.
You will meet “one we prepared earlier”, a dad who has recently been at the birth of his baby, as well as a bunch of other expectant dads, all in the same boat as you.
Please click on one of the events below to grab your spot, and I hope to see you there! 🙂